Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Candy Chicken {RECIPE}

I've finally got a recipe for you all.
And you are going to be thanking me for days!
This is a family recipe that I finally learned how to make when I met Dan
and it is one of our most favorite meals.
Dan and I could eat this every day for the rest of our lives.
It's called Candy Chicken for its sweet-ish taste.
When I was little I called it Daddy's Chicken
because it was his favorite.

Lets get right to it!

Candy Chicken

What you'll need:
1. A lot of chicken boobs
2. A bottle of Thousand Island Dressing if you aren't a fan of this dressing usually- don't worry!! we hate it on a daily basis but with the preserves and rice, it's ah-mazing!!
3. A good size jar of Apricot Preserves
4. A substantial amount of White Rice
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F

The How-To:
Cut up chicken into small bite size cubes and put in bowl

Pour the entire contents of the thousand island dressing and
apricot reserves into the bowl and combine until thoroughly mixed
it looks disgusting but smells and tastes fabulous!

Pour contents into greased baking pan, cover with aluminum foil,
and bake at 375 F for 35 minutes.
Cook rice according to package.

After the 35 minutes, uncover pan and cook for another 30-40 minutes.
You want the chicken to be somewhat crispy and browned on top,
but don't let the liquid/sauces dry up.
cooked perfectly! 
you want a lot of extra liquid to cover your rice

Now how to eat it:
put a layer of white rice down.
put the chicken on top.
spread a little extra sauce on top.
mix.
DEVOUR!

I hope you enjoy this meal.
This is all you need for a perfect meal.
Let me know what you think
and if you try it :)
It took me two tries to get it right,
the first I didn't add enough dressing/preserves
and the chicken dried and there was no sauce.

Check out who's birthday it is today HERE!

Ta ta for now <3

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. YAY! I've been waiting for this. I LOVE CANDY CHICKEN! Totally trying this next week for dinner!! Thanks love! =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds amazing. Definitely trying it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds SOOOO good! I just might have to try this!!

    ReplyDelete