Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, July 26, 2013

A 5 Star Meal in Less Than a Half Hour

Boy oh boy does it feel good to get back
to why I started this blog.
I love cooking and have been,
but haven't been sharing.
So sorry :( 
Here's a delish recipe to make it up to you.

Wednesday night we had one of
our favorite newlywed couples over for dinner.
They were the beautiful couple who got 
married this past May and we love to hang out with them.
We all just get along so well
and have so much fun together.
It's surprising what we talk about,
but hilarious and just like us all at the same time.

Anyway,
because all 4 of us are watching what we eat
and doing this whole clean eating and exercising shpeel,
I was scouring pinterest for a delicious healthy meal
that was quick and easy but looked like I spent hours
prepping and cooking.

I finally found this delicious tilapia meal
called Parmesan Broiled Tilapia.
I'm not a huge fan of parmesan but the whole
meal only had a few ingredients and sounded so stinkin easy.
I couldn't say no.

Once I asked if everybody liked tilapia,
the meal was a go.
And today,
I will share with you a delicious dinner
that anybody can throw together.
You know how I know that?!
Because I always dry out fish!
I don't know why, 
but I always leave it in too long.
And guess what?!
That didn't happen this time,
fool proof I tell ya.

What You'll Need:
* 4 tilapia fillets (defrosted if frozen)
* 1/4 Parm cheese
* 1/8 or as we found out 2 tablespoons of butter
* 1 1/2 tablespoons of Mayo
* 1 tablespoon lemon juice
* Fresh Dill for seasoning

The How To:
1. Turn broiler onto high and put the oven rack on top.
2. In a small bowl, mix everything but the fillets together.
3. Place fillets on a foil lined pan.
4. Broil for 3 minutes.
5. Take fish out, flip each one over and spoon/spread the mixture over 
the uncooked side of the fillets.
6. Lightly cover with foil to prevent mixture from spitting on the burner.
7. Return to the oven and broil for 3-4 minutes.
* I started at 3 minutes when I put them back in, checked the inside
to see if they needed more time... best way to not over cook the fish.

That's it!!
Most of the things you probably already have,
we had dill and I have no idea.
Thank you random wedding spice rack gift.
I served the fish with Rice Pilaf, corn, and fresh salad.


And it was a hit!!!
We all loved the meal!
The fish didn't taste like fish,
so if you wanna try fish-
this is definitely the meal to do it with.
Sir Dan and I loved it so much,
that the 2 fillets we had leftover we had the next night for dinner.

Try it and let me know what you think!!
Or if you have any questions,
I'd be happy to answer them for you!



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment